Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cheese & Garlic Biscuits (RL Cheddar Bay Biscuit copycat)

We were eating these biscuits long before we ever had a Red Lobster in town. I'm not a fan of seafood, so we never ate there.
And that's alright.
I still prefer this recipe. Not sure where my Mom found this at, but I got it from her... and boy are these delicious!

Cheese and Garlic Biscuits
2 cups buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick, Baker's Corner, whatever you like)
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Let's face it, I put in almost a full cup. You can never have too much cheese!...)

Combine until soft dough forms. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons on an ungreased cookie sheet (I like to do mine on my pizza stone.)  Bake 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees, until golden brown.

Meanwhile, while those are baking....

Combine:
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 tsp garlic salt/powder

Brush above over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. 
Serve warm.
Makes 10-12 biscuits

(I will update with a picture next time I make these... I just wanted to post the recipe so it's available for my Chicken Biscuit Bake post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment