Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cupcakes Galore! | Salted Caramel & Cookie Dough Frosted Devil's Food

 This will not be a long post, because everything is credited except for the few modifications listed.

A couple of days ago the hubby tells me he has a pot-luck Friday and he signed up for a dessert. 
Yes, he is just now remembering to tell me; 
and no, I do not have the supplies for my Fudge Striped Cookie Salad that he wants to take.
"How about I make cupcakes, because I have everything I need for them?" 
(*Note: I'm currently laughing at how ridiculous that is! 
Find out why in today's post at The "My Life" Project.") 

I started with my Decadent Devil's Food Cupcake recipe and topped them with cookie dough frosting (recipe found at Busy Moms Helper blog) making 1 1/2 proportions on the frosting recipe, which I really didn't need to do, the single recipe would have been more than enough frosting for 24 portions.

Next I doubled my go-to Salted Caramel Buttercream Cupcake recipe from My Frugal Adventures blog with the following modifications: 
I use Hershey's caramel sauce (huge time saver! I really do want to find time to make Chris's sauce.)
I use salted butter instead of unsalted.
I omit the tablespoons of buttermilk (just a straight 1 cup for a double recipe).
I add caramel sauce to the cupcake batter and frosting.
I rolled the frosting into balls & pressed them onto the cupcakes. (Long story short, no piping/pastry bags in the house... sigh. It actually worked out really well!)

Ta-da! The office will have some deliciously rich dessert tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment