Monday, January 7, 2013

Fudge Striped Cookie Salad

Yes, I admit, I almost listed this recipe as "Keebler Cookie Salad" because that's the only thing we've ever called it. But it felt a bit like cheating to list this that way when I use any fudge striped cookies I can get my hands on when I make it. So in an attempt to make this recipe a bit more "generic p.c." I've re-dubbed it Fudge Striped Cookie Salad.

This salad has become one of our family's "go-to" staples for pot-lucks and get-togethers. It is great as a side or dessert.

I have no idea where this originally came from, but we love it! In fact, I'm blogging it for you today because my hubby begged me for it last night... So here you go!

Enjoy!!


Fudge Striped Cookie Salad

2 small packages instant vanilla pudding
2 cups buttermilk
16 ounces whipped topping (aka: "Cool Whip") (More can be used for a fluffier salad.)
1/2 package fudge striped cookies (I like my salad "cookier", so I use 3/4 of the package.)

Combine pudding mix and buttermilk. Fold in whipped topping. Crush cookies and fold into salad.

Serves appx 12-16
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Calories per serving: appx 178

No comments:

Post a Comment