Saturday, January 5, 2013

Chip & Chili Pie




Ok, I know this will not be a recipe for everyone, but it found a special place in our house.
I remember having this growing up and it has become one of my "comfort foods" or an easy casserole when I really don't feel like putting much effort into dinner.  We use to call this "Frito Chili Pie" & it's really very simple.

1 bag corn chips or chili cheese flavored corn chips (we usually use the flavored, but only had regular on hand last night)
1 can chili (with or without beans, I prefer without)
1-1.5 c shredded cheddar

Preheat oven to 350F.
Spread entire bag of chips in a 13x9 pan.


Warm chili in a pan, pour over chips.

Top with cheese (I like a lot, but cover to taste)

Bake appx 20 min or until cheese is melted to your liking.
Serves 4-6

Enjoy!

1 comment: