Sunday, January 6, 2013

Slow Cooker BBQ Cola Chicken

I found this recipe through Pinterest and you can see the original post at: http://www.southernplate.com/2008/08/slow-cooker-coke-chicken-1-on-my-list.html

I followed the recipe exactly and I have to admit, this is the first time I've made a whole chicken and the recipe and directions were so easy my Kindergartener could have done it! (Disclaimer: Obviously he didn't; and if he did, knife and cookware usage would be supervised.)

So here it is:

1 whole chicken (I bought a frozen fryer chicken)
1 onion quartered
1 lemon quartered
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1 can cola (any carbonated sugary beverage should work)

Place chicken in slow cooker, add onion and lemon quarters, cover with bottle of BBQ then top with can of cola.

Cook on high 3-4 hrs to low all day.

How simple is that?!?

Enjoy & happy cooking!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have seen the recipes using a carbonated beverage but have never tried them - the chicken looks awesome! Happy you are enjoying letting your slow cooker work for you!!

    ReplyDelete